B&W, 1 sheet of A4, printed both sides.
A guide to selecting a secondhand bike to buy, for those who aren’t yet familiar with bikes or the things to be looking for.
It includes information on:
- things to consider when choosing the type of bike that might work best for you;
- how to do a basic bike fit;
- warning signs for when to leave that bike alone;
- essential safety checks before you try to ride the bike;
- suggested next steps after buying a bike;
- and an inside spread showing how to check components for wear and an indication of how expensive different parts are to replace
It doesn’t assume any prior knowledge, but it does use the proper names for each component – this means you know what words to search for for more information!
Useful for the early stages of your decision-making and also great to just tuck into your bag or back pocket for when you go and look at what might end up being your next ride…
Released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. You are welcome to remix, translate, adapt etc for non commercial purposes, with an attribution to “Nikki Pugh, www.everydaysuperpowers.org.uk”